Monday, July 14, 2008

4th of July

All the cousins, before the parade. Koley, Kayden, Emmy, Haydenn, Kiley, Bailey, Rylenn. Tucker, Reese, Nilson, and Skye We love the fourth of July!!! We go every year up to Eagar, there is always lots going on! This year was also Josh's ten year class reunion which was a lot of fun to. Friday we spent that morning at the parade, which was one of the best ones I've seen in a long time! My kids are some of the youngest out of the cousins so shortly after the parade started and candy was being thrown they realized that the older kids were much faster then they were at getting the candy. So we devised a plan! I took Emmy and Tucker out of the middle of all the kids and just to the out side of everyone else where they were all by themselves. I told them that when they saw someone that was throwing candy to just stand there and wave to them. It worked like a charm, I mean come on who could resist the cutest kids in the world!! Ha Ha They did walk away with a lot of candy. Josh rode in the parade on his class reunions float so I was all by myself with all four kids. Luckily I have an aw some Mother in Law who held Rylenn during the parade so I could help with the others. After the parade we always go back to Josh's parents house and have lunch, and just about the time that lunch is over, the BBQ right next door at my Grandparents begins. Our families put a gate in between the two yards so we just go back and forth all day between the two families. The rest of the day usually consists of swimming, horse back riding, water fights, riding quads, and hanging out with the family! Seriously what more could you ask for!

Emmy and Tucker at the parade!

This is Haydenns idea of a good time! But hey who's complaining!


My favorite thing about the 4th of July is getting to buy all the cute clothes. So it has become a tradition to come home from the parade and take a couple of photos in our red, white, and blue!


My 3 princesses!

Emmys traditional 4th of July photo in the Daisies!

Tucker wasn't as excited to be taking pictures in the daisies.

With Ry you have to be quick, she doesn't ever stay in one spot for to long!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

I love the last pic of Rylenn! They are all so cute in red, white, and blue. Spending time with family is the best. Glad you had such a good time!

Jenn said...

We had so much fun this year! Your pictures turned out SO cute!!! Of course how could they not with those cute kidos!!!! Call me sometime and so we can go play.

Love ya!

Nikki said...

Traditions you have to love them. I love seeing all the smiles and hearing about all the fun times. We miss hang'in with you guys.

Mary Ann said...

i love love the picture of all the kids together. you should be so proud.. they are all stinkin adorable!!