Monday, April 14, 2008

Josh and Amber


So I finally decided to try the blog thing. But you'll have to bare with me I don't really know what I am doing. So I thought to start out I would just tell a little about us. Josh and I have been married for 7 years this week, April 19th. And since it is my anniversary I thought I would just share how me and Josh met. We first met when our family moved to Eagar. Me and Josh were friends right away doing 4-H together and other church activities. He always tells people that as soon as he saw me walking my pig on a leash he knew I was the girl for him. His mom was also my Merry Miss teacher and we would be at their house quite often for activities. His family lived next door to us while we were living in my grandma and grandpas house. Although we were always friends and I could always count on him for a country dance when I would be up there visiting, it wasn't until we would tag along on Jennie and Kayde's dates that we became more then friends. We dated for about 8 months and then Josh served a mission in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania mission. We wrote and stayed in touch throughout his whole mission. We were engaged 10 days after Josh got home, and married 21/2 months later. Josh is the love of my life! My mom often tells me that I truly have found my Prince! He is a wonderful husband, an aw some Dad and my best friend! I can't wait to see what the future holds for us both! I love you! Happy Anniversary

17 comments:

Heidi said...

CUTE BLOG, you dork! You've done everything with it that I know how to do so I don't think I will be any help to you! I loved reading about you guys and your kids' personalities. I can't wait to read more!

http://www.madebynikki.blogspot.com is what I used for my blog. I don't know if you really want to pay for it but it's a good cause. :)

Carla Lara said...

Amber! I am so glad to hear from you! I have been doing alot of planning for girls camp and I have been thinking about you and the fun times we had as leaders. Then I get a message from you. Funny how things work.I can't believe you have 4 kids!! They are adorable! I am glad you contacted me, lets keep in touch!

Anonymous said...

Amber,

Great Blog!! You are doing great with it! Congrats on your beautiful baby girl!

Unknown said...

Amber - CUTE blog!! Looks great! Welcome to the blogging world!! :c) Can't wait to learn and see more!! Visit ours, anytime!! ;c)

Mindy Rule said...

Hi Amber!! I am so excited that you have a blog now! It is so cute to see your kids! They are adorable! I remember the last time I saw you was at Meili's wedding and Emmy was very brand new! Wow! And congratulations on your new one..she is beautiful. I will add you to my friends list! ;D Yay!

LucyH said...

I love how you started your blog by telling about your family. It is embellished really cute too! Our blog is
aaronandlucyhansen.blogspot.com
if you want to take a peek.

Anonymous said...

Amber! Yay, I'm so happy you've joined the blogging family! It's totally addicting! Your blog is so cute! Cowboys and Princesses is perfect for you guys! Carla and Devry were asking if you had a blog. I love it!!

Tiffany said...

Love your blog! Super cute! Youre kids are so cute! Hayden doesn't look like any of the others if ya ask me!! Who did emmy's pics? TTYL

LucyH said...

I don't think Kristen has a blog. I will ask though.
Lucy

Allison @ Allie Browns Layouts said...

Yea! You have a blog! Awesome! It's so nice to see you and hear from you!!

Happy early anniversary---my birthday's the 18th (tomorrow). And we're having baby #3 on the 25th. I know, I've been bad at updating the people from my favorite town.

once upon a poppy said...

yeah i'm so glad you left me a message. i'm gonna put you on my links k?

Allison @ Allie Browns Layouts said...

Hey! About my header, I'll write what I wrote to Lucy:

I make my blog header using Photoshop. I downloaded the pictures and embellishments from shabbyprincess.com and the photos I added a sepia tone to also using Photoshop. I'm still extremely ametuer (sp?) with Photoshop and I hope one of these days I'll get it perfect.

How I actually get the whole header on my blog is that I go into "Customize" on the top right corner when you're in your blog and then click Edit on the header and then click "upload photo". I don't have it shrink to size of the header because I have a program that'll shrink it for me without making it look weird.

I hope that made sense.

Reid and Brittney said...

Amber,
I love it!! Your blog is so cute, I love to see the pictures of your kids, they are so cute. Awesome job!!

Laura said...

so cute. i love the pink background. i loved you thoughts about each of your kids. very sweet.

Natalie Ann said...

Amber, Jen and I knew it would be just a matter of time before you got started doing this. This is great! I don't have time to do this kind of stuff, but I love, love to read other peoples. It will be especially fun to read my neices! I now have Brandi's blog address thanks to yours! Love you guys tons. Cutest kids!! Good Job! Aunt Nat

Clay's gal said...

Hi Amber! I'm gald you stopped by my blog! I'll add you to my buddies! I have Photoshop CS2. I love it! They have newer versions but I don't know waht the differences are. When you get it,let me know when you have ?'s. The best way to learn is trial and error. Play around with all the different tools. You can also find tutorials that can be very helpful!
Can I have one of your girls??JK!!! They are sooo cute!

Rusty and Ashley said...

I'm so glad that you have a blog now! For how close we live, we don't see eachother much so it's great to catch up! Love the pics of your kids! They truly are cowboys and princesses!