Well I know that St. Patricks Day has long come and gone but I've been busy and hadn't had the chance to do this post. So here it is!
This was the stage that we had made. But the Leprechauns destroyed it and left this note saying
Emmy came home from school where they had talked about Leprechauns, and she decided that we needed to build us a Leprechaun trap so we could catch them and then of course get their pot of gold. So that evening was spent coloring, cutting and gluing a trap for the Leprechauns.
We all know that Leprechauns a pesky little guys who are full of mischief and love to do the exact opposite of whatever it is that you ask of them. So Emmy and my little sister Sawyer came up with this idea to build a stage and on it have a sign that says Please Stay OFF the Stage, knowing that they wouldn't be able to resist staying off they built in a trap door. When the Leprechauns got on the stage they would fall into the trap! So the stage was built and placed upstairs in our loft where we were sure that they would see it.
The next morning we were so excited to see if indeed we had got ourselves a Leprechaun! But it seemed that our trap was a little flawed and instead of a Leprechaun, here is what we got...
This was the stage that we had made. But the Leprechauns destroyed it and left this note saying"Ha Ha! You thought you could trick us - Try again next year. Hope you like cleaning up our mess! The Leprechauns weren't totally cold hearted they did leave the kids some of their pot of gold, in the form of gold candy!

And here is part of the mess they left for the kids to clean up. Those pesky Leprechauns! We will get them next year!

Well a little less messy was Emmy's St. Patricks Day hair do. I don't know if you can tell or not, but here is a picture of the clover hair do she had!
Here is Emmy right before school with her clover hair do. She is getting so big so fast I can't believe she is almost done with first grade and that in the next year and a half she will be baptized.
Hope every one had a happy St. Patricks day!

6 comments:
I wish I was as fun as you are. I am always amazed at all the fun things you guys come up with. You did great on the hair-do too!
You are so good at doing hair. THe hearts are so cute and I love the lephrechaun idea!
So Haydenn's cake is adorable. You did an awesome job on it. Man I am a bad mom, I need to come up with cute ideas like the leprechauns. You are awesome and so talented. I am so glad you have a blog so I can peek into your life and see what you are up too. Your kids are just adorable.
I love the hair it is so so so cute. If I ever have girls I feel so bad for them their hair is going to be pretty bland I have a hard time doing my boys hair lol. What a cute idea for Saint Pattys day too so cute. I love your blog it's so fun and creative :) Hope you guys are doing good!
Agree you are fun! I love the idea. Hopefully, I can remember it for next year.
Wow! I am also a mom of a 1st grader and can't believe the year is almost over. I love to set up a leprechaun visit each year. I was never very excited about St. Patrick's Day until I found some ideas from Steve Spangler http://www.stevespanglerscience.com/experiment/st-patrick-s-day-science. We also set traps, but never catch the sneaky guys. The leprechauns leave behind pistachio pudding mix (leprechaun stew - it turns green when you add milk), slimy footprints and turn the water green. (see the link for directions on how to do this). My girls go crazy running around the house and checking all the faucets.
Post a Comment