Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Please tell me I'm dreaming!


Or having a nightmare would be more like it. This morning I was woke up by Rylenn 30 minutes before my alarm was to go off. DREAD! I knew that there was no point in forcing her to go back to bed, but desperately wanting that last couple of minutes of sleep I told her to go get a book and I would read it to her, hoping she would be distracted by some toys along the way. Surprisingly she went for it. As I was half, trying to go back to sleep and half trying to listen to the monitor to make sure she was just playing in her room, I realized that it was to quiet. So after a couple of minutes I got up, to find Rylenn had fallen asleep on the stairs. So now that I was up a little early I decided to get the kids up early and thought it would be good for us to get an early start on the day. WRONG! I should have stayed in bed! As I was about to get the breakfast stuff out I remembered that I hadn't gone to the store the night before like I needed to so we had no cereal, no problem we can have toast. Oh wait we used the last of the bread at lunch yesterday and I forgot to pull more out of the freezer. OK I can handle this we will just have muffins. Since muffins take more time we'll just get Emmy ready for school first and then eat right before we have to leave. So as I'm making the muffins, Haydenn has woken up and is now screaming in her bed, when I went to go get her up she was covered in poop. Yes Poop! I don't know how the girl did it but her diaper was hanging have way off and there was crap everywhere , literally! So I leave her in there run back to finish the muffins cause those need to be baking while I clean up Haydenn. By this time Haydenn is really mad! So I run her through the bath, dress her, myself and help Emmy, comb hair, tuck in shirt, fix belt, untie knots in shoes, sign homework folder, make Emmys lunch, and about this time the buzzer goes off for the muffins (did I tell you that I did clean off Haydenn but her bed is still covered in poop!). As I'm pulling out the muffins Rylenn is standing at my feet throwing up everywhere! I shove the muffing back into the oven burning the heck out of my hand! With Ry still throwing up and me starting to cry I grab the nearest thing that can hold throw up. By this time it is all over the floor, all over her and me as I'm standing over the sink bawling running cold water over my burnt thrown up hand! Oh ya and it is my turn to drive the kids to school! All before 7:30 this morning!

6 comments:

Lee Anne said...

Hang in there Amber. I hope your day gets better.

once upon a poppy said...

don't you love days like that? you just want to go crawl in bed and throw the covers over your head ane pretend nothing ever happened.

uniquelynat said...

oh amber- i am sooo sorry that your day started out so sad! i hope that it gets better as the day progresses. and you can start over with a better one tomorrow!

LucyH said...

Oh, Amber! Are you laughing it off yet? Let me know if you need anything.

Natalie Ann said...

Holy cow Amber! And I thought I had some bad days! Thanks for reminding me that it does get better as they get older (somethings) I hope you have a better rest of the week. Tell your Fam Hi.
Love ya
Aunt Nat

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh Amber! I have totally been there before and all you want to do is cry and scream and crawl back into bed. So sorry! I hope your day ended better!