Monday, May 11, 2009

Dr, NO Dr? Exray or NO Exray?

I can't tell you how tired I am of having this conversation in my head! Take them to the Dr. or wait it out, how is anyone suppose to know?

So here is my dilemma, last week when I was at Women's Conference (which I had a blast at and will post about later!) Tucker got bucked off of Jesse. Yes he got bucked off, not just slipped off the horse got spooked and wanted Tucker off! Josh says he hung on for a long time but eventually it was more then he could take and off he went. Josh says that he thought right away that he had broke his arm but decided to wait to see how things went. He also decided to wait to tell me about it till I got home. If he had told me that night on the phone I would have insisted that he take him to the Dr. to have it ex rayed and I wouldn't be in this situation right now!! Well he said that night he babied it and was up through out the night complaining that it hurt. But that the next day he seamed to be better. From that point on it only seams to bother him every once in a while. But then last night and today it seams to be getting worse he is complaining about it a lot more! I watch him though and he is using it and bending it, and then all of the sudden he'll scream and say ouch my arm.

I don't know what to think? Josh is now out of town working till Thursday and so here I am trying to decide what to do. I hate it when you rush them down there thinking the worst and they look at you like a crazy mom and say, yep he hurt it, and it's going to take awhile for the bruising to go away! But at the same time knowing this kid it will be broken and months down the rode it will have healed wrong and I would have wished I would have just taken him in!

I did call and talk to Josh, he said he thinks he is fine. That I should just wait it out! So I guess for now that is what we will do. I just wish moms came with there own ex ray machines!Anybody have any suggestions?

12 comments:

LucyH said...

Take him in.You don't want to mess with broken bones. I'll gladly watch your kids if you need a sitter!

Anonymous said...

Typical Tuck!....

Jennifer said...

Poor Tucker!! I just went through the same thing with Tallin see blog if you haven't lately so funny you have the same problem. Tallin was doing the same thing though I didn't take him the first day because he wasn't in a ton of pain the next day kind of the same but I told myself better safe then sorry so I took him and his wrist ended up being broken so I am glad I took him. I would say better safe then sorry especially if it's still bothering him.. Good luck I hope he is ok! Tallin has a cool green cast, kids love casts!

uniquelynat said...

maybe get a blessing? for you and tucker? maybe then you'll be more calm about it and better able to think. just a thought. i hope he's ok!

Heidi said...

Oh, poor Tucker! If it were me, I'd take him in....but I tend to be kind of over-paranoid. I'll also volunteer to watch your kids!

Reid and Brittney said...

Oh my heck...not Tucker again!!! Poor little guy! Wow, I would probably take him in to get it X-rayed. You never know and you won't be comfortable about it until you know that it is okay or not. Good luck...I hope it is not broken especially with it being summer!!! Let us know what happens!!!

Mindy Rule said...

Sounds familiar. I would take him. Isaak jumped off his bunk bed when he was 3, and we couldnt figure out what the heck was wrong, sometimes he would say his arm hurt, and then it didnt..I tried picking him up from under his armpits, and he howled in pain..turns out it was a broken collarbone. So if it were me, I would take him, that way at least you have peace of mind.

Kristen said...

$80 for an office visit? Life long Angony? Hmmmm. What the heck take him & see. YOU will feel better if not Tucker. I could watch your kids too..........but that is a long trip!!

Rusty and Ashley said...

I would say bring him to see me and I'll do it, but I don't work again until Friday. Always better to be safe. And that coming from a health care "professional"! With Tuck, you never know!

Jaime said...

I'd take him in...sorry! I know how you feel about feeling dumb rushing down there. We just went through a similar situation. Hadley (3), got pushed off the bunk bed and didn't walk on it for 3.5 days. We just thought he liked the attention and then for a month it bothered him on and off, but nothing bad at all. Finally took him in and low and behold he walked on a broken foot for 4 weeks! We even had him into the chiropractor and he yanked and twisted and pulled on it because we were thinking maybe his whole hip and leg was out of place making him walk funny and he didn't even complain about that. Good luck!

Diana Carver Photography said...

I would take him in, then you can feel better. I have taken my kids in so many times that they didn't need to go see the doctor, but at least I feel better about it after.

Sarah Rowley said...

Chad and I are the same! We avoid going to the dr. as much as possible. BUT I can count on only 1 hand when we took the kids to the dr. and they were fine. I usually am a pretty good judge of when it is necessary. But it is a stressful decision! If Tuck is STILL hurting I would go and get is x-rayed.