Thursday, December 4, 2008

Giving Thanks!

We spent Thanksgiving in Cottonwood at my Aunt Nat and Uncle Scott's house, with my parents and brothers and sisters. I love going to Cottonwood. It always makes for a good time. I don't think that we ever went to bed before 2am. What did we do till 2 in the morning? Well we played lots of games, rocked out like rock stars with Rock Band (yes even us moms jumped in on the fun and formed our own Mommy band, dreams really do come true Brandi Ha Ha!), ate lots of food, sang lots of Christmas songs, and laughed till our cheeks hurt! We had a really really good time!
Haydenns version of Thanksgiving dinner!

What do you do after a good Thanksgiving dinner? Crash of course!

These girls were amazing I don't think they had one fight, the are truly the best of friends! Brinley, Emmy and Kashley

Introducing our lead singer Brandi!

and on bass, Aunt Nat

Mom helped with drums and I was on guitar ( no pics sorry)

Our groupies ( the best fans in the world!)

Brig, Rylenn, Brinley and Bryte

The boys took Rock Band a little bit more seriously then we did. But here is the man that rocks my world!


Even the kids joined in on our rock n roll world!

Poor Tucker sharing is always the hardest part!

The drums were by far the hardest thing for the kids, but that didn't stop them! They would have one kid hitting the drums and another working the foot petal (what smart thinkers!). They actually weren't that bad once they got the hang of it. They wanted to play for hours on end. we would have to kick them off too get our own turn.

and with a little help from Uncle Josh, even Bryte got to rock out!

I had to add this picture, I thought it was just so dang cute! We had let all the kids stay up late to play with their cousins, so it was probably about midnight or so. They all came down stairs and decided to color on the floor where we were playing games. Next thing we knew Brig was out, mid color! To cute!

8 comments:

Reid and Brittney said...

Looks like you guys had a blast. I have not ever played rock band...looks awesome. We bought guitar hero instead...bad idea! oh well. Your kids are getting so big. I miss you like crazy...I hate that I live so far away now. Hope everything is going great. Happy holidays!!

Jenn said...

Looks like you guys had tons of fun! I love this time of year and spending it with family just hanging out! I can't wait until Christmas:)

Tiffany said...

I'm so sad we didn't go now.I swear our family is the coolest, we always have so much fun when we're all together, and our moms crack us up! Crazy sisters with they're same annoying laughs till the sun comes up! LOL My mom told me all about it though, she said you guys had a ball! We decided to spend it with John's family instead and it's never the same as being with your own family.

Jenny said...

Cute pictures, Your kids are so dang cute! I get to see Brandi next week she's going to do my hair I'm so excited, If you guys are ever in AJ drop by and say Hi, we miss you.

Nikki said...

What a great time. I love the pictures.

Anonymous said...

My heck....I can't believe how much you all have changed. Kathy (Petersen) and I talk and I've been getting with all the cousin (MY AGE)... trying to connect us all again and I hadn't found any of your family or (WELL...the WEBB's, or Uncle Ronalds)... Kathy wrote me and told me she had some of the Webbs...I'm so excited.. I've about got all the counsin, my generation that blog, and all our kids generations... it's very interesting. I hear from Ralph and Denise from Africa (their mission)... you have got to get the webb mom's (well, you know)on blogs or if they are be sure and give me the address. I keep my Ed and Nanette Whiting blog only for family....wow! I'm so excited...oh, this is Nanette Whiting...Jason, Jaymi, Julie, Tyson and Cord's mom... Jas, wife and 2 kids are in Snowflake, Jaymi, husband and 2 almost 3 are in Snowflake, Julie, hubby and 1 are here in St. Johns with Ed and I...well, they have their own home, and our twins are both on missions.

Erika said...

I hate living so far away and missing out on hanging out. You guys look like you had so much fun. My mom said you did. I'm going to try next year to come for Thanksgiving. I would rather be with our family than anyone else. I look forward to the Heap Reunion every year just to see you guys. My kids talk about it for months. Your kids are so dang cute Amber. I'm so glad to be apart of this blogging world so we can stay close!!

The Tanners said...

Your children are so sweet! I see a lot of your husband in your youngest. Your kids always look so cute!