
Haydenn as a new baby!
She has not been my fastest at doing things, but that is ok! This past week we took away her bottle. I was not looking forward to this one, I had tried a couple of weeks ago but she was putting up a good fight. None of my other kids ever really cared about giving up the bottle, and I would not have pegged her for the stubborn one. I decided I had better wait since all my kids were going to go spend a week a grandmas while I was at girls camp. I didn't want my Mother-in-law to have to deal with that. So I gave in for at least a couple of more weeks.
When I got back from girls camp I was ready for the challenge. So that night she went to bed with a sippy instead of her bottle. Now normally my kids just get a sippy of water when they go to bed, but I thought we should ease into this slowly, so for the first day I gave her milk. She didn't do to bad, a little crying when I first layed her down but nothing to major. Now she is bottle free!! Yea! No more bottles to pack around, I'm so excited! Now if we could just get her to walk.
She is 15 months old and wants nothing to do with walking. She has just barely started to stand and let go of things. I work with her everyday, and have tried everything, from bribing her with something, to giving her something to hold in her hands. She knows how to do it, she has taken a couple of steps, she just won't! I think she is just scared. Normally I would just let her figure it out when she is ready, but at the end of the summer we will be going camping a couple of times, and I do not want her crawling around in the dirt, that would just be silly! She is perfectly capable of walking and she would have so much more fun if she would! So for now Haydenn is gradually growing up, at her own pace and I'm am just going to have to deal with it! One thing I am sad about, this last week I have started to notice that she is loosing her baby chub! We went from a size 5 diaper to now a size 4. Pretty soon she won't be our chub chub, or Alaska, or chunky monkey, or any other of those things, and that does make me a little sad!
for now, here is our chub chub at 15 months! Love those big brown eyes and that dark crazy hair!
Let me know if you have any good ideas for the walking thing!

2 comments:
She is so cute. I have no advice for the walking thing. Thatcher was 15 1/2 months before he walked. I think they just like having older siblings who just tote them around.
YOu are more than welcome to look at my blog all you like. Glad to see things are going well for you.
Post a Comment