Thursday, December 17, 2009

He is magical!

Last night we went to take our kids to see Santa.
Now we have been preparing Rylenn for this night for about a month now. Last year I totally traumatized her and she was afraid of anything that had to do with Christmas. So this year before the decorations or anything came out I started talking about Santa and how nice he was. Then I moved to how we get to go tell Santa what we want. After she was comfortable with that then I told her she gets to sit on Santa's lap.

Nope that is where she drew the line! I asked her how she was going to tell Santa what she wanted if she didn't sit on his lap and she said, she would just stand back and yell, SANTA, I WANT A PRINCESS OK! We all laughed and she was pretty set in her ways that she would not sit on his lap. The whole family got involved in convincing her that it would be OK. And slowly but surely she started warming up to the idea.

I took Rylenn and Haydenn shopping with me the other day and thought it would be a good idea to stop and just look and maybe wave at Santa. But I wanted to wait for Emmy and Tucker before we took pictures and sat on his lap. When we first walked up she started to freak out, Haydenn did really good and was waving and blowing him kisses (it was so cute!), but Rylenn had her head barried in my shoulder. But just as she looked up to get a glance Santa gave her the cutest, sweetest wave. She was so excited she waved back and said, I LOVE YOU SANTA! I was so excited! I told her that we would come back with Emmy and Tucker and she could sit on his lap and tell him what she wanted. She seemed really excited!

So last night we all went back, she did really good until Haydenn started to cry and then she decided that she had had enough and she started to cry. I hurried and took a couple of pics. Josh took Haydenn and I took Ry. Santa was talking to Emmy and Tucker, so I walked Rylenn back over to him. She wasn't so sure of herself anymore and started to pull away and cry, but this sweet Santa reached out for Rylenn to hold his hand. Then softly told her that he loved her! and that he knew she was a good girl! Well that was all she needed! She was like a different girl! She told Santa I would like a Sleeping Beauty and a Handsome Prince! and then she said, Oh and we are going to go to my Grandma's so you have to go there! Santa reassured her that he would and then she gave him a hug! It was so sweet, I wish I could have gotten a picture! After we left she couldn't stop talking about him and how she couldn't wait for him to come! I was so proud of her! She was so scared but did so good! Haydenn didn't even do that bad. She cryed but not to bad.
On this night for this little girl, Santa really was magical!

The kids loved watching the train, while we waited for Santa! I think Haydenn would have stood there for hours!

3 comments:

uniquelynat said...

that is soooo cute! what a sweet santa!!! those are the kinds that make you so grateful for the people that will take the time to love children that aren't theirs....just to keep this holiday magical for them a little longer.

Jenn said...

love the pictures, so cute!!! We are taking the kids tomorrow night, and Koley said she IS NOT SITING ON SANTAS LAP! We will see:)

Nikki said...

Those are the pictures that she will laugh about when she is older. My girls no longer believe and want nothing to do with the picture :(