The other day Tucker came home from school holding a wet paper towel over his nose. When I asked him what had happened he had that, hurt feelings, glad to see my Mom kind of cry. A kid in his class, whom we will call "kid A" hit him in the face with a block. But come to find out this was not just a Lego block, this was a 2 foot long board. As you can imagine I was one mad Mom! At first I was a little worried that Tucker had done something to provoke the kid but after talking to the teacher who say the whole thing happen, she said Tucker had done nothing wrong . "Kid A" thought Tucker had took his friends blocks, So he hit him! Which was not the case "Kid A's" friend had actually taken Tuckers blocks. So "kid A" hit him for no reason.
What was the most upsetting was that I felt like nothing was being done to make sure that this never happens again. "Kid A" suffered no consequences for his actions. And Tucker was really hurt! He had a cut on his nose and that night he layed on the couch complaining of a head ache and that his nose hurt. I was questioning weather we should take him down to get it exrayed or not. But Tucker has broken his nose before and I know there is not much that can be done for a broken nose.
After talking to the Teacher and the Principle and going over with them of the guidelines that they have set in place according to the Student Handbook. I think things were taken care of.
Poor Tucker, I never thought I would be dealing with a bully in kindergarten!
You can see Tuckers nose is huge and starting to swell into his eyes! It is also starting to bruise on the sides! ouch!

7 comments:
Oooooh, I would be livid! Did they talk to the kid's parents? I hope so. Poor little Tucker. I'm so sorry, I know as a mom you hate to see that happen to your child. The claws come out for sure!
Oh Amber, that would make me mad too! Colin is in Kindergarten too, and there is a kid there that keeps making fun of his teeth.
(he looks like a vampire because those teeth on each side are very pointy) So he calls him "beast" all the time. Colin gets hurt feelings over this, and at home we tell him that his teeth are so cool! Little jerks! Hahaa...
I still can't belive that! Poor kid! Hope he is better! Love ya!!!
Poor little Tucker! That is one thing I just don't want to face. I hope Tucker is feeling better!
I just read your post about you little letter from Emmy. I was totally craying. I'm so glad I was able to read that today. It was something I needed to hear. Thanks for sharing!
Cool Tucker now you'll have an awsome shiner to show off. Chicks love scars. Hang tuff dude. Love ya, Uncle Kayde
What!?!? I'd be mad too! Hey send me your email I have a question for you. jamiegrant2003@hotmail.com Thx!
I am alway's amazed at the bully's. I just wonder who there mothers are and if they have any clue that their kid is a bully! I know that you can't get away from them so I am alway's just trying to prepare my kids on how to deal with them and hoping that they will never be like them. I am glad he is alright and that he is such a good kid. Thank goodness for our sweet kids!
Post a Comment