Monday, August 11, 2008

Heap Reunion 2008!

Ever since my mom was a little girl she has been going to the Heap reunion, and so the tradition has continued. We go every year up to the white mountains near Sunrise Ski Resort to Greens Peak, it has always been on the same weekend, so all of my moms aunts and uncles and cousins are there as well because they have carried on the same tradition. Anyway it is not your typical family reunion that everybody hates to go to. We look forward to this every year! and unlike other families I'm very good friends with all my extended family ( 2ND cousins, great aunt and uncles, etc.) because we do this every year! Sometime with our busy lives this is the only time we get to see each other. So there is a lot of late nighters around the camp fire getting caught up on each other life's! We always have such a good time, hunting, riding quads, playing cards, eating good food, roasting marsh mellows, and just hanging out and visiting with each other! I'm so blessed to be apart of a family that is still so connected! I love it so much and am always a little sad when we all pack up to go home on Sunday morning. But luckily I know we will be together again next year! Here are a few of the fun pics! Haydenn loved being outdoors! She is the best baby ever! I couldn't have done it if she wasn't!


All the kids found this tree that was bent way over, they would climb, and bounce, and ride on it for hours! Emmy was so proud that she had climbed up so high!

And of course Tucker used it as a bull!

A few of the cousins riding on the tree! Jayden, Brinley, Brig, Kashley, Tucker


Rylenn and her cousin Bryte! These two had a blast together, I think they thought that they ruled the place!

7 comments:

Nikki said...

How fun...I saw Jenny today at the school...It brought back more memories. We really have to plan somehting soon.

Jenn said...

Looks like you guys had tons of fun! I can't wait for the Brown reunion now! We DO need to get together, Koley gets so bored!

Deanne Wahl said...

Looks like you had fun. I can't wait to get up north again. I am so dang sick of this heat. Also, I do want to car pool. Just let me know what to do! We need to hang out again.

Clay's gal said...

I'm so glad you guys had such a fun trip! It was good for Brand!

Chad and Jolene Smith said...

You take the best pictures!!! Your kids are soooo cute!!

Anonymous said...

Amber, I remember you and I talking about the Heap reunion's. I think we figured we are distantly related:) It really is a small world! I loved going to the Heap reunions as a little girl. I wish we could have kept going! I love hangin' with my Heap cousins. They're a fun bunch:) Way to keep the tradition going!

Mary Ann said...

family reunions are my favorite! your kids are growing up so fast!!