Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Face meets desk!

The other night was pretty event full! It started out with Emmy sleep walking telling us that we needed to tell Uncle Barry (my brother) about the bread. Knowing she was asleep I was engaging in the conversation to give me and Josh a good laugh. Here is how it went...

Emmy - Tell Uncle Barry, Someone needs to tell Uncle Barry!

Me - Tell Uncle Barry what?

Emmy - about the bread!

Me - the bread?

Emmy - Yes! Someone tell Barry about the bread!

Me - What about the bread?

Emmy - That I fed the dog the bread, I'm really sorry Uncle Barry!

(at this point me and Josh are laughing so hard, she was so into her story)

that was about the point that she started to wake up, it was obvious that she needed to go to the bathroom. I followed her in just to make sure she really was awake, when I knew she was, I asked her about her dream. She didn't remember it or saying any of that stuff about Uncle Barry and the bread. But later I found out that my brothers had given all the kids some bread when we were at my parents. They told them that if they buried it in the dirt that next week when they came over that they could dig where they left the bread and find worms! Whatever!! But I guess the kids believed and all went out and buried their bread!! So I guess I can kind of see where the bread thing came from.


Later that night about 2am Emmy came down crying saying she hit her chin on her desk. What? how did you hit you chin on your desk, and what were you even doing at your desk? For of those of you who don't know we (meaning my kids and my husband) have a huge sleep walking problem at our house! I checked out her chin which was fine and sent her back to bed. But I got a little worried wondering if she would even make it back to bed, so I dragged myself out of bed and headed up to her room. She was awake, lying in bed on her side, and face up was this huge cut to her eye dripping blood and a nice big shiner! I was like, what the heck happened! (a little worried that this sleeping walking thing had gone to far!) and she then told me that she had fallen out of bed and hit her night stand. Oh ok that makes a little more sense! Ouch it did look pain full! The next morning her eye was huge swollen and I told her we should take pictures! She insisted that we put them on our blog. I told her that I would take pictures from day to day as it changes. Right now it is just really swollen and it looks like a big huge strawberry and of course a nice big cut. But I have a feeling in the next couple of days as it starts to bruise she is going to have one nice shiner!

Day one

6 comments:

Mindy Rule said...

Amber,we also have huge sleep walking problem at our house as well! Isaak does this maybe twice a week. It always turns out that he has to use the bathroom, and usually tries to go anywhere else but in the actual toilet. I am afraid he is going to fall down the stairs one night...I hope he doesnt. Poor Emmy hitting her face! I hope it heals up fast!

Nikki said...

Ok, the first I was cracking up. The second ended up being sad. Who new Sleep walking was so dangerous.

Jaime said...

LOL! You'll be so glad you journaled this...too funny!

LucyH said...

Oh those poor kids! It was nice talking to you the yesterday. I meant to ask you if you did Senior quilts for young womens? sis, mitchell mentioned that they have done them every year for the graduating seniors.

Jennifer said...

Amber,lol so funny how entertaining to have kids that sleep walk and scary too! Glad Emmy is OK poor little eye though. Your blog is so cute. Looks like you guys are doing good!

Lee Anne said...

You are alway's going to have the best stories to tell with all the sleep walking that goes on in your home. Poor thing. That had to hurt.