A couple of weeks ago we were given some chickens by our cousins. My kids were so excited they spent the whole day on Saturday helping Dad build a chicken coop. Grandpa brought the chickens home later that night. I think before the chickens even got there my kids had already had them named. Emmys chicken is named Molly, Tuckers chicken is Tractor and Rylenns chicken is Seeny (Yes they picked out the names all by themselves :) Haydenn will have to wait till we get some more chickens to get to name one.Well we had prepared the kids by telling them that we probably wouldn't get any eggs for awhile until they got use to their new home. But the next morning when they went out to feed, they were so excited to see they had gotten their first egg! Tucker was the lucky one and got to eat it! I love fresh eggs and can't wait to get more chickens so we will hopefully be getting more then one egg a day!

2 comments:
I want chickens!!! How fun!
I've been trying to talk my husband into getting some, but he doesn't even seem remotely interested. If I had the cage, I would just get them and apologize later! lol He eats a ton of eggs, so I'm surprised he isn't all over the idea. We still need to get together...we're only 30 minutes apart!!!
Post a Comment