
The other day I had a lot going on, it wasn't necessarily a bad day, just very busy. By the time I got home late that night, I was so tired and my feet were killing me. I wanted a hot bath and then to just go right to bed. The kids were already in bed when I got home, I was quickly putting the groceries away so I could relax a little when I found this letter from Emmy.
With her permission her is what it said,
Dear Mom I love you very much. I love scrap booking with you. I love to make brownies and cookies with you. I like how you help me. I love when you take me to a friends house. And I love making treasure hunts for you. And I love what you buy for me. I love to go shopping with you. I love how you like what I make. I love to color with you. And I wouldn't trade you for the WORLD.
I'm crying again as I write it! Can you believe it! That is coming from my 7 year old. I was so surprised it really is the little things that mean so much. It made me stop and reflect myself as a Mom and everything I have ever said to her, good and bad. It made me want to be a better Mom. It made me want to find more fun things for just the two of us. But most of all it made me proud to be her Mom. Emmy is such a good kid! Sometimes I wonder what I did to deserve her. She has been this way since day one. Emmy has a heart of gold! Sometimes I wonder if I'm teaching her or if she was sent to teach me!
With her permission her is what it said,
Dear Mom I love you very much. I love scrap booking with you. I love to make brownies and cookies with you. I like how you help me. I love when you take me to a friends house. And I love making treasure hunts for you. And I love what you buy for me. I love to go shopping with you. I love how you like what I make. I love to color with you. And I wouldn't trade you for the WORLD.
I'm crying again as I write it! Can you believe it! That is coming from my 7 year old. I was so surprised it really is the little things that mean so much. It made me stop and reflect myself as a Mom and everything I have ever said to her, good and bad. It made me want to be a better Mom. It made me want to find more fun things for just the two of us. But most of all it made me proud to be her Mom. Emmy is such a good kid! Sometimes I wonder what I did to deserve her. She has been this way since day one. Emmy has a heart of gold! Sometimes I wonder if I'm teaching her or if she was sent to teach me!
Emmy thank you so much for putting a smile on my face! I love you so much! And wouldn't trade you for the WORLD!!!!

3 comments:
Oh how sweet!!!
She is such a good kid! And I think you do deserve her, you are such a good mom to!!!
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree! You both have taught ther well!
What a daughter of God, raised by one as well!! Love you
Post a Comment