Tuesday, November 3, 2009

They changed my Life!

Funny story!
A couple of weeks ago, when Tucker was still playing football, I took him with me to the dollar store. He had a dollar that he had earned from his Grandpa and he wanted to spend it. Well we spent quite some time going up and down the isles of the store but he just couldn't find anything that was worth his dollar. So I convinced him that if he saved it then I could take him somewhere else where there would be better things to choose from. He decided, that is what he would do. But was really sad to be leaving the store empty handed. Well just as we were walking out I saw a display full of football cards. I knew Tucker would be so excited! This is how are conversation went,
Me: Tucker look!
Tucker: What is it?
Me: Football cards, perfect for your dollar!
Tucker: Oh Cool! What do you do with them?
Me: You collect them.
Tucker: Cool!

So he buys the cards and this is what he said after he got them opened.

Tucker: Mom! I never knew these existed on the world!

I was laughing so hard! After we left the dollar store I had to run to Walmart. I ended up putting Tucker in the cart cause he was so busy looking at his cards I couldn't get him to keep up with me. As we were checking out Tucker says, "Mom these changed my life!" by the time we got home I think he had everything on every card memorized! Who knew that a dollar pack of football cards could change a little boys life!

7 comments:

Jenny said...

What a cutie!! Can I steal him we need a boy in our house, hahaha!!

Bodell Family said...

so cute, I just love little boys and how they get excited over "little" things! can't wait for Brit to play football :)

once upon a poppy said...

so stinkin cute!

Jenn said...

K I am cracking up at him that is so funny! He cracks me up!!!

Jennifer said...

lol.. What a cutie. I love when the smallest things make kids happy. Man I wish we lived closer to you guys, Tallin and Colt still talk about Tucker about every day. The Halloween pics of the kids are so cute too.

Nikki said...

Adorable, I must say though you just started a collection that you may have to keep up with LOL

Jaime said...

What a cute story!!! I'm not sure I should introduce my little guy to them because he is the biggest collector as it is!!