She is here! Breckynn Alexis Wilkins she weighed 6.2 lbs and was 18 1/2 in. long. I was totally shocked at my last Dr. appointment when he told me he was going to induce me the next week. I was going into that appointment hoping he would agree to induce me 10 days early but was shocked when he decided on 3 weeks. At 37 weeks I had started labor and had also tested positive for strep B and because I live so far my Dr. decided to go ahead and induce me.
One of Breckynns very first pictures. The thing I noticed about her the most was those big huge lips! I loved them! She came out just like this all puckered up. Unfortunetly they were just really swollen and the next time I got to see her, her nice voluptuous lips were gone! Oh well she's a cutie even without those lips! I had to have an amnio test done on Wednesday the 5th and if it came back that the lungs were mature then we would do the induction at 3 am Thursday morning. Iwas so nervous about getting the amnio done. I don't know anybody thats had one done and wasn't sure what to expect. But honestly it was no big deal. I felt a huge sense of relief after it was over! My Dr. called later that night and told me everything looked good and we were on for tomorrow.
We arrived at the hospital at 3 am. I had to have 2 rounds of antibiotics before they would start the pit. So it was about 5:30 am when they hooked up the pit. From this point on things went very very slow! Originally Doc was going to come in and break my water in the morning but things were going so slow that he decided to wait to break it until noon. All morning I just kept thinking as soon as my water breaks I know things will move along faster.
I decided to get my epidural right before the Dr. got there to break my water. The Dr. had a hard time breaking my water because the baby was soooo high. He thought that she was probably breech. But a quick ultrasound showed she wasn't breech just coming down a little crooked. I expected things to pick up from here and that I would start dialating fast. But no such luck at 5pm the nurse checked me and I was still at a 3 and baby was still super high. Just after she checked me I started to fill sick to my stomach and like I was going to pass out, and my blood presure kept droping. I hoped that meant that I was progressing. Well not 15 minutes later the Dr. came in to check on me and see how I was doing. He decided he would check me to since I was feeling so weird, and I was at an 8. I was shocked, I had done nothing all day and now in 15 min I went from a 3 to an 8. The Dr. told the nurse he was going to run to the cafeteria and would be right back. Just after the Dr. left the nurse started preparing everything, and I knew it was real. I was getting really excited! I told the nurse that I was feeling presure and could tell I was ready to deliver. The Dr. hadn't been gone even 5 minutes and the nurse was calling him back in. When the Dr. came back in he told me not to push the baby was right there. He told me with the next contraction to go ahead and push. Well I didn't even have to wait for a contraction I didn't even really push and she was out. She came so fast I could hardly believe I had just had a baby.
I went from a 3 to delivering in about 45 minutes. It was so fast that when she dropped she had a big bruise on her eye from hiting so hard! Also when the Dr. was checking me she was so high that the nurse would have to stand on my bed and try to push her down from the top of my tummy and when she came out she had bruises on her buns and her side from them pushing on her so hard.
This pictures shows her swollen lips really well! You can also see her bruised and puffy right eye. Poor girl she just got so beat up!
6 pounds 1.7 oz she is by far my smallest!When Breckynn came out she swallowed a bunch of fluid, and right away they had a NICU nurse with us in there and she had to have her stomach pumped twice. It was so sad to watch they just shoved a tube down her throat and then pumped all the fluid out. They got so much out that they were a little concered about her. She was also having trouble breathing, she just couldn't seem to get the air all the way to her lungs. She was shallow breathing and really quickly almost like after you fun a race and your breathing really hard! Her chest was retrackting because she was trying so hard to breath. They decided to take her to the NICU just to keep an eye on her for awhile. It was so hard to see your baby being taken. In my head I knew it was the best thing for her but in my heart I just wanted my baby.
My mom was in the waiting room when I delived and she was the only one that got to see her before they took her back. Lots of my family showed up to see Breckynn and the NICU nurses were so nice and allowed Josh to bring them back one at a time to see her. They were hoping that she would just be in there for a couple of hours and then be fine. When I was able to get up and walk around I spent some time in the NICU with her. The plan was that at midnight she was going to see the Dr. and that they were going to make some decisions. They were considering putting in a feeding tube and instead of having the oxygyn mask, putting in an oxygyn tube in her nose. The pediatrition decided to give her some more time and see if she could eat and bring up her oxygyn on her own. At 2 am Breckynn finally was able to eat. She atet really well! So no feeding tube YAY!!! Her oxygyn level continued to be all over the place so she had to stay in the NICU with the oxygyn mask blowing on her.
The next morning when Josh brought the rest of our kids to the hospital he begged the nurses in the NICU to let us take her to our room so our kids could see her. They said she was doing really well and that the pediatrition was going to let us keep her in our room and they would just monitor her from there! Such good news! My kids were able to see and hold her! They were so excited and so cute with her! Haydenn had a little bit of a hard time relizing she was a real baby and not a toy. She was obsessed with her binki and was right there to grab it and shove it back in her mouth when it would fall out. Haydenn was also sure that Breckynn was poopy and needed her to change her diaper. Rylenn was so sweet with Breck and just kept kissing her and telling me how much she loved her. Tucker and Emmy loved her as well. Emmy sat in the rocker and held her for a really long time while me and Josh tried to keep the two little girls entertained. Emmy thought she was hot stuff getting to hold and take care of her. Thanks Em your going to be my right hand for the next couple of months I can tell!
Baby Breckynn was in the NICU and at first the kids just had to look through the window at her.
Finally the kids all got a chance to hold their new baby sister! Haydenn obsessed with the binki, this is going to be so much fun!
Rylenn loved loved loved Breckynn! And love loves loves to pose for a picture!
She couldn't get enough of her!
Tucker was such a good big brother, but brother he was! He was already trying to tuffin her up. He kept rocking her really hard and wiggling her around!
Emmy was such a good big sis and was so sweet with her!
Even when I had to feed her everyone had to be right there to help!After the kids left we were able to keep Breckynn in our room for a couple hours. It was so nice to have her right there with me! It was quiet in my room just me and Josh and Breckynn, she opened her eyes and I said, hi Breck I love you! Then she smiled at me! It was so sweet I started to cry! I hadn't really got to spend much time with her at all, so it made me feel so good that she would still recognize me!
Through out the rest of the day Breckynn was in and out of the NICU. The nurse would come to check on her and decide she needed to go back in, then after a couple of hours of being on the oxygen she would be fine and they would bring her back in to me. This went on for the rest of the day. Kind of frusterating!! But that night we were able to keep her with us through out the whole night!
By the next morning I was ready to be home! It seemed like they weren't really doing much for Breckynn just hooking her up to the o2 every once in awhile and watching her. We saw the peditrition later that day and she agreed we could go home as long as we kept a good eye on her and we saw our regular peditrition on Mon. She seemed to be breathing better, she still did that quick shallow breathing but she seemed to be able to calm herself down and come out of it farly quickly. It was just something we had to keep a close eye on.
Josh has a tradition with all our kids that he gets to buy their outfit that they come home in. I think he did a really good job with this one! On the front it says Daddys Sweetie. To bad it's was so big on her, but then again everything is to big on her!I was a little nervous taking her home but so glad to be getting out of there. We spent that night at my Moms and loved having all my brothers and sisters and extra family there to oooo and awww over our new little princess!
Breck right before we headed for home! I'm not sure why she has this scrunched face, I tried to get her to relax but no such luck! She's still a cutie!!! Man we love this little girl!

4 comments:
Oh my gosh, congrats! I did not even know you were pregnant?? She is just beautiful and I love the name. Wow, 4 girls and a boy! Poor Tuck!
Amber!! She is perfect! I just want to love on her! So glad all went ok...even with the bumps in the road. Nash was in the NICU for a week... I know exactly what you mean about know it's right for them but wanting them right by you! So happy she is doing good. All your kids are GORGEOUS! Seriously wish I could see you more! Congratulations!!!
I don't blog for a bit and BAM you have a baby?!?! Congrats to you guys- she is beautiful!
She is so cute, I love all the pictures. I like the one of josh and the kids looking in the window. Congrats girlie. Miss you and thinking of you.
Post a Comment