Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas Eve 2010

Christmas Eve 2010, was again another great celebration.

Getting ready to open their gift on Christmas Eve. Every year they get so excited to open this present even though the older kids have figured out what it is. Oh well it's still is so fun for them and they love it! I just wish I could think of something to totally throw them off for next year!
Ry in her new Christmas pj's. I knew the second that I saw them they would be perfect for Rylenn. PJ's with a twirly skirt you can't get more perfect then that. Here is Rylenn doing her famous twirl! Love this girl, and all her girlyness!!!


All the kids in their new Christmas PJ's!

This year instead of dressing up to do the nativity we decided that the kids would use the Fisher Price nativity set and act it out while dad read it in the scriptures. The kids loved it! And I think it made them listen more cause they had to hear when their part came up. I think this is a tradition we will keep!
On Christmas Eve we also enjoyed making cookies and hot chocolate to set out for Santa. We also enjoyed taking a drive and looking at Christmas lights. But just after we started we spotted Santa and his sleigh and then all the kids wanted to do was go home and go to bed. What? My kids wanted to go to bed? That was unheard of! Me and Josh were enjoying the drive and seeing the lights but the kids were so funny and just really wanted to get home. So home we went! Just like they said they would the kids went straight to bed and me and Josh got an early start to our long night!

I love Christmas Eve almost as much as Christmas morning. I love the anticipation! The waiting for morning to come, the excitment of knowing how much the kids are going to love what they are getting, and just the opportunity to be together! Already getting excited for next year!

0 comments: