Monday, August 3, 2009

At the Parade

More to the Bits and Pieces
(warning picture overload)

Getting ready for the parade!
One of the kids most favorite parts about going to Eagar for the 4th is the parade. One of mom's most favorite parts is getting to get cute new 4th of July clothes for all the kids. We usually try to get pictures before the parade and before they are covered in a sticky candy mess, but that doesn't always happen. This year was one of those years, we got a few pics before the parade but not much

My always happy Haydenn! Loves to just be outside!

Rylenn and those big baby blues! I swear I didn't photo shop them those are her real eyes!

Tucker was so anxious to get to the parade that he did not want to sit still for a picture!

For some reason I didn't get a picture of Emmy before the parade, yes it was a little crazy! So here she is just as it was starting.

A funny story, every year at the parade it is a tradition to let the kids get a shaved ice before the parade starts, well being the mean mom that I am, I never allow my kids to get any flavor in their ice. I don't want coloring all over their new clothes and I don't want it all over them before I've had the chance to take some cute pictures! They always just get the plain ice. But the funny thing is, that they have never noticed. The have always just happily eaten the ice! Well this year Emmy and Tucker were with Aunt Becky and I forgot to tell her my little secret, so of course being the super nice Aunt that she is, she let them pick out what ever flavor they wanted. So by the end of the parade my kids were a variety of shades of red and green and purple. I teased poor Becky forever! Now they will never be able to go back to just the plain ice! I know I admit I'm a mean mom!


Tucker turning purple from his grape shaved ice!

One of Josh's uncles made kettle corn (YUM!) for us to eat while we watched the parade. This is Great Grandpa Webb trying to bribe Haydenn with some so she would sit on his lap.

Having a blast! 4th of July is seriously my most favorite holiday!

This is my niece Koley, hiding and finishing off someones shaved ice, it was so funny to watch her all crouched down behind all the chairs.

The boys thinkin they are pretty cool and looking for some candy. My nephews Nilson and Skye, and Tucker

There is nothing more American then eating cotton candy and watching a parade!

For some reason this puts a tickle in my throat, to see my kids saluting the American Flag!

Rylenn ran and hid when the pyro guys came by and were lighting off fire works!

Poor girl, Haydenn didn't like the pyro guys either! She was having such a good time, I think she is traumatized!

Grandma can always make everything better!

Proud to be an American!

Rylenn is so funny! Out of all my kids she has the biggest sweet tooth. She was eating the candy almost as fast as she was getting it! Oh well, what the heck it's the 4th of July!!

I love this girl!

This was the coolest float ever! It brought tears to my eyes when I saw it. I don't know if you can tell or not but it was so huge! You can see the people at the bottom, look how small they are compared to it. The top part even folded down when they needed to go under the power lines, that's how tall it was! It was Awesome!!!

One of the best parts of the parade was seeing my favorite Uncle, Steven being honored as the Grand Marshall of the parade. My Uncle Steven was recently diagnosed with brain cancer. It has just been a really neat experience to see the community rally around him! As the truck drove by every body was standing up and cheering and clapping for him, not just our family the whole town. He deserves it, he is an amazing person!

Since I didn't get very many pics before the parade, I was going to try to get some after. But Haydenn was beyond tired and the others just wanted some lunch and their candy. So this was about the best we got!

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY !!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Lee Anne said...

Cute pictures Amber. Every year I say I am going to be better about taking pictures and then we get to Eagar and the madness happens. I guess that is just how life goes when you have as many kids as we do!! Can't wait to hang at the reunion!!!

Jenny said...

Seriously cute kids! And I loved the shaved ice (with the flavor)!