Monday, May 24, 2010

Jelly Beans and Egg Hunts!

So I now this post is a little late, but thats how I have felt lately. Like I'm always trying to play catch up. So here it is our Easter weekend.
We had Sawyer over to spend the night on Friday. Sawyer is always a huge help and I was thinking an extra pair of hands to help color Easter eggs and help with the kids at the egg hunt, might be nice! So we started out our morning with the city Easter egg hunt. The city always does such a nice job and my kids love it!

Haydenn loved looking for the eggs but she was so busy looking for them that once she found them she would forget to put them in her basket! It was all in the hunt for this girl!
Every year the city hides a gold and silver egg for each age group, the person to find it gets a huge prize. I had Rylenn all pumped up to run over and get the gold egg (in the little kids group you could see exactly where it was hidden). But right before they said go, they brought out the Easter Bunny. He came out and was saying hi to all the kids trying to get them pumped up for the egg hunt. Well that was it for Rylenn! She started screaming and we could hardly convince her to pick up any of the eggs. She just wanted to keep her eye on that Easter Bunny!


Josh went with the two older kids so I didn't get to see them get their eggs. But from the looks of their baskets I think they did pretty well!

Emmy getting ready to hunt for eggs!

Everything is always more fun when you have a friend to do it with!
On the way home Haydenn decided to dump everything in her basket and play peek-a-boo! Before I looked back to see what was going on all I could here was this cute little giggle!

I wasn't to happy about cleaning everything up, but we couldn't help but laugh! She was so thrilled with herself, and did it the whole way home!

We had so much fun coloring Easter eggs. Emmy showing off her multi colored one!

Rylenn hard at work! This is serious business!

Tucker would barly wait till the dye tried before he would break it open and start eating!

Rylenn wanted me to take some silly pictures with her! She is such a camera bug!

A silly picture with our eggs!

Can you tell Sawyer was thrilled to be having her picture taken! So I didn't get a smile but I did get a lot of help! I think this picture is so funny, Emmy admiring her work! This coloring egg thing is big business at our house!

Rylenns favorite egg!

Dads challenging Emmy to a color contest!

Wow! nice face and nice egg!

The finished product!


We headed into Mesa that afternoon. It's a tradition for all my brothers, my Dad and Josh to go to the Priesthood session of conference together. Since we were going to be there till late, we just decided to spend the night and have Easter at my parents house. The kids loved it and had a blast!

Haydenn finding her Easter basket in the entertainment center.

Rylenn found her basket in the hall cupboard!

Tucker found his basket in the kitchen cupboard.

Emmys basket was the hardest to find, it was underneith the island in a cupboard she didn't even know was there!

Later that morning the kids went on an Easter Egg hunt in Mema and Papa's back yard. Haydenn had a blast finding all the eggs!

Rylenn finding an egg that was hiding in the tree!

Emmy found lots of eggs!
Tucker with all his eggs he found!

Emmy and Lexi playing wiggles! It's a game my cousin made up. You make as many funny faces as you can while someone takes a picture and then you end up with some really funny faces!
This is Tuckers wiggle face! Not to bad Tucker!

Tucker and Lexi playing wiggles!

1 comments:

Jaime said...

I still haven't posted Easter! I'm trying to stay caught up with now and then go back and add in the ones I missed! You look great, I wanna see a better picture of the skinny you! :) AND I wanna know what you did. I'm needing help! email me.