Thursday, May 21, 2009

It's not so bad!

Turning 30!

For all of you 20 somethings that are dreading the day that you turn 30 I'm here to tell you that, it's not so bad!

I actually had a very good day! Josh has been working out of town on the Thatcher temple so he is usually gone from Monday till Thursday night. This year my birthday fell on Thursday. Well Wednesday night he called me saying how excited he was for my birthday. He told me that my presents were hidden all over the house and that I was going to have to go on a hunt to find them.

I thought he had just come up with this grand plan that day. That when he had bought my presents and put them away it just happened to be that they were all over the house and now he was going to use it to his advantage to make it look like he had this planned all along.

Well the next morning he called first thing to tell me Happy Birthday and when I was done talking to him Tucker met me in the hall with the first of my gifts. It was one of those cool new hymn books with the pictures to go along with the hymns. It was from my Mother in Law! I loved it. It can sit on my piano and still look nice!

So I went about my day pretty much like normal, fixing lunch, changing diapers, picking up toys, doing dishes, and so on. Well about mid day I get another phone call from Mr. Super man himself (Josh) and he tells me to go into our closet, which I did and then to shut the door. On the back of the door was a note telling me that I could go ahead and get the sewing machine that I had been saving for. I was so excited!

Wow he really did have this all planned out. I was so impressed and so touched that he had went to the trouble to get things all done so I could have a good birthday.

He even had arranged it so that he would get off early on Thursday and be home in time to take me out on my birthday. When he got home he had the kids meet him in the garage and they carried in my last gift.
Yes it was a Kitchen aid! I have wanted one of these for a couple of years now, but we have never been able to afford it. Every time Josh would do a side job he would bring me the money to deposit but he would always keep a little that I didn't know about. And now thanks to his thoughtfulness I got my kitchen aid!

The rest of the night was spent on a much needed date with my husband. I'm very grateful to my husband who never stops making me feel loved and appreciated! I know that I'm very lucky and have a one of a kind! And I know that all of the other husbands out there are going to be very mad that he has set the bar so high, but come on guys the challenge is on! Make sure your wife feels extra special on her birthday just like mine did!

I'm a little behind in posting so for those of you who are wondering my birthday is actually May 14th. Lots more catch up posts to come!

5 comments:

The Ray Family said...

Hey :) thanks for the comment. Yes we are going to the Reunion. We wouldn't miss it for the world. We look forward to it all year. I'm a little nervous taking Maya. I have nightmares about waking up to a frozen baby but I think we'll fair okay lol

Nikki said...

No comment on the 30 thing except Happy Birthday. I had a hard time with it. About your comment. We loved going last year to the Hannah I am sure this year will be good too. You should totally join in.

Jenny said...

You do have a great husband! But good husbands always have excellent wives, and you are so awsome! I hope you had a great b-day it sure sounded like it!

Lee Anne said...

Happy Belated B-day! Josh is a great guy and you are not so bad your self! His momma must of raised him right!!

Jaime said...

I'm turning 30 this year too, but am afraid it's going to be a little worse than you said! I'm sure it would be a heck of a lot easier if my husband made a big deal out of it like Josh did-that's super sweet!