Wednesday, September 3, 2008

And the Wordls Best Dad ever is.......


JOSH! Yes we do have the worlds best dad! The other day Josh came home from work with 6 frogs that he had caught for the kids. He had just found them at his job site. The funny thing is, that Josh hates the things. When he first got home the kids were wanting to hold them and play with them and that just wigged him out. He could barely even look at them. When I asked him how he caught them he said that he just got a really big cup and waited for them to jump in. Ha Ha Ha! It makes the kids laugh that he won't even touch them. I love animals! All growing up my Dad would always be bringing something else home for us, from rabbits to pigeons to snakes to tarantulas to what ever he thought we would enjoy. So when my kids starting getting old enough to enjoy pets I begged Josh to let Emmy get a rabbit. He said no way no how! He only likes animals that "have use" like cows or horses. Don't ask me what the use of a cow is? But that is about as far as he goes. He loves our dog Zoey but I don't know if he would admit it. So when he brought the frogs home it just made me smile because I know that he was hating every minute of it, but he knew his kids would have a blast! Then a couple of days went by and one by one the frogs were jumping out and getting away. Luckily we kept them outside. Well one day we went out to check on them and they were all gone. It was a sad day! and that night at family prayers Tucker prayed that Dad could be brave and bring home some more frogs. The next day Dad showed up with 4 new frogs. WOW! What a great dad! We love him so much!

5 comments:

Blake and Martha said...

That is way cute! Thanks for commenting on our blog. The reunion was a blast and we had a ton of fun. I am sad that it is already over...

Heidi said...

That IS a great dad! Ew, I'm with Josh though with the frogs.

Shannon said...

That is such a cute story. I don't know if I could brave a frog. I guess my kids will just have to live with out frogs. :)

Nikki said...

That is adorable.

Diana Carver Photography said...

What a awesome dad!