Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Welcome to Tortuga!


BROWN REUNION 2008

This year the Brown reunion was done by my very talented Aunt who did everything in a Pirate theme! We had a blast! We played pirate games, went on a treasure hunt, had a pretty pirate contest, ate good food, and just had an aw-some time with family! You can now ask Rylenn what does a pirate say and she'll tell ya RRRRRRRRR! We look forward to the Brown Reunion every year and I'm sad that is it over but look forward to next year! Here are the pics!


Tucker (Pirate name: Flintlock) Ry (Pirate name: Rotten Hand) and Emmy (Pirate name: Bloody silk). They were waiting to get their pirate names and be sworn in to the pirate code of honor so they wouldn't have to walk the plank!

My little sister Sawyer and Tucker hiding in the flowers while playing capture the flag! I think they ended up winning!

While the older kids played capture the flag Ry batted her big blues at Uncle Rhett and he let her ride Ol Doc! The problem came when we tried to get her off!
Rylenn and cousin Koley sharing rocks. Hey as long as they are happy right!

This is the crew from pirate ship TROUBLE! J/K. Look at them just hanging out in the front door way of the barn! They had so much fun together all weekend! These are some of Rylenns cousins that are her age! Shay, Shelby, Rylenn and Koley Aren't they so cute!

Tucker and Emmy as they try to pop each others "Ball and Chain"

Rylenn or Rotten Hand (such a perfect name for her) got caught stealing a tomato out of my Aunt RayAnns stuff. RayAnn had picked it out of her garden and brought it so they could eat it on their sand witches. But I'm blaming this one on my Mother in-Law, she has a whole tomato garden with full size tomatoes, cherry tomatoes and grape tomatoes that are all dedicated to her grand kids. The just go by when ever they want and take a tomato and eat it like an apple, so this was really no big deal to her! But they all thought it was funny!
Rylenn Rotten hand in all her pirate glory!

Captain Tucker Flintlock

This is my cousin Bauer who received his mission call while we were at the reunion. So Sunday night we all gathered around and watched him open his call. He will be serving in the Birmingham, Alabama mission. Congrats Bauer we are all so proud and excited for you, you will be an aw some missionary!

Papa with Bryte and Rylenn. Bryte was really asleep but Ry couldn't stand being left out so she climbed up there and was pretending to be asleep until she saw the camera come out and then she was all smiles!

This is all the crew on trash duty! Every year there is a competition between the girl grand kids and the boy grand kids to see who can pick up the most trash. My Aunt Shelly collects dollar bills from all the parents and the divides it up between the winners. Strangely enough the kids look forward to this every year, they get way into it. Maybe because they know there will be money in the end. This year the girls won and all the girls got $3 and as a consolation prize each of the boys got $2.

Tucker on trash duty!

Sorry this is so long but I have a couple of cousins and a brother that weren't able to be there this year and wanted to see it all. Plus I use this for my journal, so sorry!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I'm glad you stopped by my blog, I'll add you to my friends list. Your kiddos are so cute! You and Brandi have been baby making machines!! I only say that because I have one, 4 seems so far down the road...
Thanks for your comments on my pics! Your pictures are really great! Brandi mentioned that you were into photography too. Honestly, I took HS photography and one class last winter but other than that I just practice a ton. I try to learn something new from each shoot I do. I hope to improve my skills more and more over time. what are you shooting with? And what len's do you have?!We should get together and shoot sometime!

Anonymous said...

What a bunch of cute pirates. That is a fun idea.

Shannon said...

Your reuinion looked like a blast. I wish my fam would do a reunion like that and with such a cute theme! The kids were way cute in all their pirate stuff! Tell your cuz congrats on his mission call. That is way exciting. My brother also served in that mission.

Diana Carver Photography said...

What a way fun reunion. We have been to several of Tyler's family's reunions and there's never any games. I don't think any one has even thought about it! I'll have to suggest it for next year.

Anonymous said...

Tag Amber, you're it:) Check out my blog to see what I'm talkin' about!