Friday, January 9, 2009

Santa IS real!!!!


This year for Christmas we went up to my in laws in Eagar! I left Monday afternoon hoping to beat a big storm that was coming and Josh came up with his Dad on Tuesday night. Well as you can see from my header (which I did all by myself) the storm definitely came! I did actually get caught in it. It was really scary! My in-laws had taken Tucker and Emmy up with them the Friday before so it was just me and the 2 little girls. About 45 min outside of Showlow it started snowing really hard, No big deal I can deal with this. As long as I can see the road markings so I can tell where I'm at on the road I will be fine. Did I mention that it was now dark outside! Well it was snowing so hard that it only took like 15 min before the road was completely snowed over, and I couldn't see the road markings. I was all by myself on the road to there wasn't another car insight. I finally had to pull over on the shoulder and call Josh to ask for help! We were trying to decide if I should just sit there and maybe wait it out and see if it cleared up at all, but we knew the weather had said that it was going to be snowing all night long. I thought maybe I should just keep trying to go, but I knew that there was one more mountain pass that I had to get through and that is what scared me. Quickly I said another prayer and just then a truck passed me, I could see his tire marks on the rode. So I decided to go for it! I was glad I did a little ways down the road the snow eased up a little just long enough for me to get through that mountain pass and then it started again. By the time I got to Showlow I think I passed like 8 snow plows headed the direction that I had just come from. Where were they when I needed them? From Showlow on it wasn't to bad. It snowed, but I made it. Well showlow got the brunt end of the storm it kind of just went around Eagar but the next day my kids did wake up to snow on the ground and they were so excited! Emmy said "Mom Santa gave us snow for Christmas just like we wanted! We played outside in it for a little bit but got to cold, so then went inside to sit by the fire and watch it snow some more. Thanks Santa!!! The snow was perfect for making snow balls!
Or for eating, Emmy loved eating the snow! Doesn't she look so cute! a true snow bunny!


She even tried to get Ry to eat some. Ry was so unsure of the whole snow thing!

I had just nailed Tucker in the head with a snowball. You can see it on his hat!

What else is the snow good for? SNOW BALL FIGHTS!! Grandma even joined in, and check out those boots, I think those things were around when I was a kid! Looking good Grandma!

More snow ball fights!

So proud of the snow angels they had made!

It was starting to get cold but we couldn't go inside without building a snowman!

I know it was a pretty pathetic snowman, but hey they were proud of it!

9 comments:

Heidi said...

I love the snowman! Hey, you take what you can get! Last year, I drove to Heber and went through a snowstorm. It was so scary! You did a great job on your header. Do you have photoshop?

Lisa said...

Looks like you guys had fun! Wish it would snow here. I live in Philadelphia, you would think it snows here all the time. But nope, only a few times a year! We are supposed to get snow tomorrow and the kids can't wait to go play in it. Your kids are adorable. Oh and awesome header! That is my new goal, I want to learn how to edit and put pictures together in photoshop.

Carla Lara said...

I'm glad you made it through safe. Looks like fun!

LucyH said...

How fun! Sometimes I wish I lived in the snow.

Erika said...

K, your snowman ROCKS! That is hilarious...LOL!! Come visit me we would have so much fun! You and the other women are suppose to come for women's conference, remember. I'm counting on it!ha We would have so much fun!

*Ashley said...

Amber, I remember you asking if anyone knew how to change line spacing in one of your older posts. I had the same question and I finally figured it out the other day! You probaly already have too but just in case, all you have to do is click on 'window' and then 'character'. That should bring up a little text box and I'm sure you can figure it out from there. :)

P.S. your kids are SO adorable!

Lee Anne said...

We were so happy it snowed as well. It makes Christmas feel like Christmas! I love it when the grandma's get in on the snowball fights. Looks like fun!

Anonymous said...

Girl, you are tough! I would have been frieking out driving in a snow storm!! And I love "Grandma's" boots:)

Jenny said...

I love playing in the snow but it's sooooo cold! That is Denise in the backround of the picture on my blog. She's great. It's actually Braxton her oldest son who is marrying Jessica, so crazy. I will tell her you say hi she will be so happy.