This is what the set looked like! Great job activities committee! Truly a night to remember!First lets start with our ward Christmas party! I loved it this year, simple and sweet! First the nursery kids got up on stage with all their winter hats and bells, and sang jingle bells and once there was a snowman. This was hilarious! Most of the kids were screaming wanting there parents and most of the parents were sitting there with big huge grins on the faces taking pics of there screaming kids. This included me, except Ry wasn't screaming, she just stood there looking like she had just seen a ghost. But still all in all, priceless!


After the nursery kids were done they had all the primary age kids play out the nativity. That was really cute as well with some really precious moments! All the girls were angles and all the boys were Shepard's except for a couple of special chosen parts! They had all the sunbeam class play the other parts (Mary, Joesph, Wise man, A special Shepard and maybe a special Angel I can't remember, and a donkey) They did a really cute job and since Tucker was a sunbeam he got to be a Wise man, he didn't have a speaking part but had a blast getting to walk up with the other wise men! Emmy got to be an Angel which she loved being! And I must say she did look so angelic in her white dress and halo.
All the girls did such a good job being Angels! Emmy is on the second row second one in.
Tucker being a wise man and one of his very best friends, Brock was Joesph.

It makes me tear up a little bit just thinking about it but I don't think Tucker took his eyes off of baby Jesus! It makes me wish I could be in his mind and wondering what he was thinking about!
I will never forget the spirit that those little kids created, when Mary (remember she is 4) gently as she could layed baby Jesus into the manger, and looked at him as if she knew the importance of the role she was playing, I don't think there was a dry eye in the room. And it was interesting to see how all the kids on stage would gradually gravitate towards the baby Jesus, they couldn't help but be close! Along with these tender moments we also got a couple of chuckles out of what the kids were doing. One of Tuckers really good friends Conner was the special Shepard, and had a speaking part. He paused in the middle of his lines with the look on his face of, I know I know this. When the primary president got up to help him, he motioned for her to wait, he had this under control! He pulls his part out of his robe and stands there looking at it as if he is trying to find the spot where he left off, the funniest part is that he can't read! The kids loved playing the Nativity!
After the nativity a sister in our ward taught a new fun Christmas song and then Santa came to see the kids. Now this is always a fun tradition. Moms forcing there again screaming kids to sit on Santa's lap just to get a picture. And this time Ry was more then screaming. We had no idea but she has a fear of now anything to do with Christmas and Santa. As we got closer to our turn in line she started to cry but I tried to not pay attention, I have to have that picture! When it was our turn Tucker and Emmy walked up and sat with Santa I handed Rylenn to Santa and he held her as best he could for that must needed picture. As soon as it was taken I grabbed Ry, the the girl in my ward that was taking pictures said, oh wait it didn't take, and Yep I put her right back on. I know I have got to be the meanest Mom in the world and this time I felt bad, the look on her face was shear terror! As soon as the picture was taken and I went to get her, she was crying for her Dad and saying she wanted to go home! Poor girl!!! She didn't talk to me for 2 days and I'm not kidding, I felt really bad! After that if we would go anywhere and there was Christmas decoration she would freak out thinking that Santa would be there. We couldn't even get her to go inside my moms house because she could see the Christmas tree in the window and all the decorations that she has on the porch! Then at Emmys Christmas preformance at school there was a little boy playing the part of Santa. Ya she freaked out, my Father in Law and had to take her outside and they never made it back in. Poor girl hopefully next year she won't remember! After Santa we had Crispy Cremes and hot chocolate and then called it a night. We were home in time for our kids to be in bed no long past there bed time. It was a perfect activity, something for us to do as a family but not to much that we were fighting over tired and over sugared kids! Thanks for a great ward party. Truly one of the best!



6 comments:
Thanks for writing such a nice review of the ward party! But I feel so bad that Ry was so traumatized! There I was, laughing and taking pictures! Poor thing! The favorite pic I took of that night was of the three wisemen, sitting together, waiting their turn. So precious!
I was wondering when you were going to blog again. It looks like you had a great time. Your kiddos are adoreable.
I keep finding your and losing you again! The ward party looks like it was a lot of fun!!
Looks like a neat ward. That's totally how our ward is. This year all the presidency's did American Idol, Christmas style,then Santa came. It was hilarious. It's fun when you love your ward so much. As far as Holland, she wasn't allergic to one thing!! So frustrating. I'm finding some other things out with alot of research. I'll call ya and tell ya. I'm going to be in Mesa in March/April when Ramsey has her baby, hope to see ya!
Amber I love the pics of Ry at the end. Next year you need to send a copy to the news station or Jay Leno. Both are so funny!!! Looks like you had a great holiday. If Josh wants to take Tucker with Brian and Teagan I am sure they would love to have some manly company. We just got him his own board (lucky kid). Since he is so small he will be able to use until middle school ha ha!
Post a Comment